Robe Lighting announced a new product to their digital media product light at LDI this year in Las Vegas called the DreamBox. To be more precise, the DreamBox was truely introduced to the lighting world this year at the PLASA show in the UK.
The DreamBox is a multi-functional tool box with 2 DMX ports and one USB port. This unit communicates with a PC or Laptop via USB. The DreamBox provides fixture software updates and with additional ROBE RDM-network software provides RDM (Remote Device Management) functionality. The DreamBox supports RDM – new control protocol featuring AutoPatch and Fixture Status Monitoring. The DreamBox can be used in combination with Robe Media Fusion software as DMX input from any DMX console.
- Supported Operating Systems, Windows, 98, ME, 2K, XP, Vista, Server 2003, Linux
- No extra power supply needed
- Galvanic isolation of 1kV between DMX input and USB
- USB/DMX converter
- RDM communication protocol
- Ability to update fixture software
- DMX data in/out: 5-pin XLR
- USB 2.0
- Rugged aluminum housing
- 54mm (2.12″) x 86mm (3.38″) x 108mm (4.25″)
- Weight: 0.3kg (10.5oz)
The DreamBox is relatively attractive at a nice price point of $995 retail. To learn more about the Robe DreamBox or any of the other products that Robe makes, visit their website at www.robelighting.com