Focal Press is preparing to release their latest book on lighting, Set Lighting Technician’s Handbook, Fourth Edition. The title may throw you off a bit. The book is actually geared towards the film & Video guys. Here’s a brief on the book.
The Set Lighting Technician’s Handbook focuses on what is important when working on-set: trouble-shooting, teamwork, set protocol, and safety. It describes tricks and techniques for operating a vast array of lighting equipment including LEDs, xenons, camera synchronous strobes, black lights, underwater units, lighting effects units, and many others. Since its first edition, this handy on-set reference continues to be widely adopted as a training and reference manual by union training programs as well as top university film production programs.
New to the fourth edition:
- More coverage of the aesthetics of lighting
- Detailed information on LED technology and gear
- Material is harmonized with industry safety and skills training curriculum
- More coverage than ever before about setting up and running DMX512 networks and DMX512 enabled devices, including wireless DMX512 networks
- Completely revised and updated sections of HMIs, tungsten light fixtures, and fluorescent technologies
The book is already on sale over at Amazon.com for $33.71, but the book will not begin to ship until August 18th. Head over to FocalPress.com to read more about Set Lighting Technician’s Handbook, Four Edition.