Our good friends at Seachanger are in the search for a new candidate for their position in sales and marketing. Have any interest or know someone that might? Read below for more information about the job and what to expect.
Position Summary: As a primary contributor to the Ocean Thin Films team, your mission is to identify, develop and grow SeaChanger business opportunities. This growth will come through the pursuit of projects with distributors, lighting designers and specifiers. In addition, you will build and maintain relationships with existing customers and end users, so that SeaChanger continues to be positioned as the high-value option for future opportunities.
- Develops business growth opportunities at new and existing customers
- Builds strong relationships with industry experts including:
- Lighting designers
- Rental companies
- Drives applications knowledge and communicates that to the industry through white papers, symposia presentations, trade group involvement, etc.
- Acts as a primary applications contact for lighting designers, specifiers, end users and distributors
- Participates in ~12 trade shows each year
- Drives new programs:
- Initiates, develops and defines customer requirements in a consultative sales environment
- Provides ongoing technical interaction with the customer
- Communicates the voice of the customer to the SeaChanger organization
- Guides and tracks programs to completion in a timely manner
- Provides on-site customer assistance regarding existing and new programs including:
- Review of customer technical requirements and program planning
- Communication of SeaChanger guidance regarding specifications, delivery and pricing
- Produces market information regarding programs, customers and competitors to support fact-based strategic planning
- Maintains strong relationships and communication links with SeaChanger manufacturing facilities
- Works in conjunction with SeaChanger engineers to develop product enhancements
- May coordinate additional technical support and services to fulfill customer needs
- Interprets account trends and clearly communicates opportunities and threats
- Develops and executes sales and marketing plans for appropriate customers, markets and product lines
- Travels frequently (50%+), including international travel and short notice travel
- Understands and utilizes financial information for forecasting, opportunity evaluation and quoting
Education, Training, and Skill Recommendations/Requirements:
- 7+ years entertainment lighting industry experience with an emphasis on lighting design, systems integration or lighting engineering
- 3+ years industry experience in a business development or sales role desirable
- Employs good written and oral English communication skills
- Must be computer literate in MS Office and Outlook; ideally capable of understanding and creating lighting plots and engineering drawings.
Ocean Thin Films is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, submit your resume, references, salary history and salary requirements by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 727-544-2241.