John McKernon, the developer of Lightwright was in attendance at LDI 2008 in the City Theatrical booth demonstrating his latest updates to Lightwright, Lightwright 5. Since LDI, Mr. McKernon has added a new preview page to his website, www.mckernon.com, with more details and screen shots of lightwright 5.
While Lightwright 5 is not expected to be available through City Thearical until early 2009, Anyone who registers a new or upgrade Individual or Institutional license for Lightwright 4 after September 14, 2008 will be eligible for a free upgrade to Lightwright 5 when it is released.
Here are some of the highlights and new features of Lightwright 5
- Easy to use Vectorworks Spotlight 2009 Data Exchange
- Any number of show files can be open at the same time
- Color Scroll Design Window
- Moving Light Wheels
- Worksheet History
- One click access to manufacturers gobo website for easy image inclusion
- All new worknotes
- Worksheet color & gobo swatches
We highly recommend jumping over to John McKernon’s website to preview the screen shots of the above features and to learn more. Visit City Theatrical’s dealer site to find a reseller near you for when Lightwright 5 becomes avilable.