We received an email from Lighting and Sound America today about the latest workshop offered by Tomcat University for hoist and truss in Midland Texas. What is unique about this workshop is that graduates of the class receive their Columbus McKinnon certification. The workshops are also recognized by etcp and and graduates also recieve renewal credits towards their classification.
There are two workshops being offered on February 18-21, those being Hoist and Truss and the other being Rigging and Truss.
The workshops cover:
- Proper use and maintenance of CM Loadstar and Prostar products
- An overview of automation systems and live demo
- Proper use and maintenance of Columbus McKinnon Lodestar and Prostar products
- Advanced troubleshooting scenarios and techniques
- Basic relay hoist controls
- Basic and advanced truss design, usage and theory
- Destructive testing
The price tag for each course depends on which type of registration you use. Regular registration runs $1000 per person, IATSE members, Students and USITT members pay $900 per person. This price tag includes:
- All course work fees and materials
- Transportation to and from Midland International Airport
- 5 nights accommodation at the Midland Clarion – Where the workshops take place
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks on the four days of workshops.
For more information or to register for the Tomcat workshops, visit www.tomcastworkshops.com