That’s right, a student competition, but nothing like what you have seen before. iSquint.net has partnered with Nemetschek Vectorworks, City Theatrical and Field Templates to bring you the 2011 Student Design Competition. If you have a love for lighting, have a current student ID from a college or university and have the drive to design, then have I got a competition for you.
iSquint.net, Nemetschek Vectorworks, City Theatrical and Field Templates have teamed up to offer one lucky lighting design student a prize package that I am still totally awe struck by. The winner of the 2011 Student Design Competition will walk away with a Professional License of Vectorworks® 2011 with Renderworks®, a personal license of Lightwright™ 5, and a single license of Field Templates SoftSymbols V3.
Does your jaw hurt? Mind did!
The rules are very simple: produce a light plot with Vectorworks, one rendering from Renderworks and paperwork. But wait, you need Vectorworks, Renderworks and Lightwright to enter the contest to win the very same software! Easy enough, as a full-time student with an active and valid college or university ID, you can download a FREE student version of Vectorworks 2011 with Renderworks to learn, use and produce the entry requirements for the contest*. Lightwright also offers a demo version that can be used for producing paperwork for the competition, which you can download here www.mckernon.com. Visit student.vectorworks.net to get a free student version of Vectorworks software. If you live outside the U.S., you will be redirected to a local distributor in your country to obtain a student version.
There are just a few more rules and requirements to the competition, so pay attention.
- Any full-time student with an active and valid college or university ID can enter the competition…ANY STUDENT, whether you are in the United States or not, is welcome to enter the competition*.
- Entrants must submit a lighting plot, a rendering from Renderworks and the associated Lightwright paperwork in PDF format along with the Lightwright file and the Vectorworks file saved to match the submitted rendering.
- One submission per student is allowed.
- No limit on size, show or complexity.
- Competition entries will be accepted beginning January 28, 2011.
- Entries must be submitted no later than April 15, 2011.
- The winner will be announced May 6th, 2011.
The Student Design Competition will be judged by leading experts in the lighting design field and developers of the aforementioned software brands. Think of this competition as a design review. Put your best foot forward and show your talents as a lighting designer and your knowledge and understanding of working documents in our field.
Be sure to check iSquint.net often, as we’ll be posting tips and tricks to help you with your designs. Or, join the Student Design Competition mailing list below and get those tips and tricks right to your inbox.
*Local restrictions or guidelines may apply. Availability and access to the student version of Vectorworks software varies by country.
Join the Student Design Competition Mailing List
Fill out the simple form below and we’ll let you know when we start taking submissions and other information about the competition. Now go and design, design, design!