Attention ALL students, are you ready for the 2011 Student Design Competition? If not, don’t worry, you have PLENTY of time to get ready! Beginning January 28th, we’ll begin to accept submissions to the design competition, but you don’t have to rush to enter. You have most of the spring semester to download the FREE software and build your entry. The competition will close on April 15, 2011, so plenty of time.
If you haven’t done so already, you need to get the FREE software to start building your design. Here is what you’ll need:
- Vectorworks 2011 – visit student.vectorworks.net, you will need a valid Student ID to get the Student version of Vectorworks.
- Lightwright 5 – visit www.mckernon.com to download the demo version of the software.
Here are the rules for the competition:
- Any full-time student with an active and valid college or university ID can enter the competition…ANY STUDENT, whether you are in the United States or not, is welcome to enter the competition*.
- Entrants must submit a lighting plot, a rendering from Renderworks and the associated Lightwright paperwork in PDF format along with the Lightwright file and the Vectorworks file saved to match the submitted rendering.
- One submission per student is allowed.
- No limit on size, show or complexity.
Make sure to get the latest software from Vectorworks and Lightwright and begin to build and design your show! At the end of the competition, the best design showing their knowledge and understanding of both lighting design and use of software take home a pretty sweet software package. The winner of the 2011 Student Design Competition will walk away with a Professional License of Vectorworks® 2011 with Renderworks®, a personal license of Lightwright™ 5, and a single license of Field Templates SoftSymbols V3.
*Local restrictions or guidelines may apply. Availability and access to the student version of Vectorworks software varies by country.